A live chat agent can transfer an active conversation to a different live chat agent when necessary.
During the conversation, the original live chat agent can open the "Assignee" dropdown and then choose another live chat agent to assign that conversation to a different agent.
When you open the dropdown menu, the list of available live chat agents will appear, showing the other live chat agents who are "Available" to accept the conversation.
- The dropdown list will display any other live chat agents who are set to "Available". The dropdown list will not display other live chat agents who are set to "Away".
- Notice the list of agents in the "Assignee" field is listed by department.
- If the original live chat agent has access to multiple departments, they will see the agents across these departments.
- If the original live chat agent has access to only a single department, they will only see the agents within that one, assigned department.
- Once the original live chat agent assigns the conversation to a new, available live chat agent, the new live chat agent will be listed in the "Assignee" field. The original live chat agent will not see that conversation in the "Assigned to Me" list of live chat conversations.
- Once the original live chat agent assigns the conversation to a new, available live chat agent, the new agent will receive notification(s) that a new conversation is assigned to them, if they have notifications enabled. Please see the Enabling Live Chat Notifications and Alerts article for more details on notification(s) behavior.
- The new, live chat agent is able to transfer the conversation again, as needed.