Setting up an authentication provider is needed when configuring an SIS integration or live chat authentication.
Complete the following steps to set up an authentication provider for live chat authentication or SIS Integration.
The person setting up the authentication provider must have Chatbot - Administrative permissions. If you do not have access to the Integrations section, please contact your campus Permissions Manager to request access.
- On the navigation pane, under Integrations, select the Authentication Provider page.
- Select the Add new Authentication Provider icon in the lower right corner.
- On the Create Authentication Provider modal, enter the following fields:
- Select how you will provide your metadata, either through a URL or XML file.
- If you select the SAML Metadata URL option, enter the URL to access your metadata.
- If you select the SAML Metadata XML option, select the Read SAML Metadata button and upload the SAML Metadata file.
The metadata XML contents will be visible in the dialog.
- Select the Save button.
Note: No metadata will be sent to Ocelot until the save button has been selected.
Submit a Support Ticket requesting help completing your authentication provider setup.
A team member from our Integrations team will be in contact with you to finalize the final steps to set up your authentication provider and provide you with the Ocelot metadata to complete the authentication provider setup.
- Once you have received the Ocelot metadata, you will need to connect with your IT department to configure your institution's IdP Provider and complete the following field mapping:
As part of the SSO authentication, Ocelot requires the following claims to be released and mapped as listed:
If any of these attributes are not available Ocelot will work with the college to ensure we have all required fields.
Authentication providers cannot be deleted if they are in use.