This section of the user guide is focused on getting started as a live chat agent. To help you navigate the article we have broken it down into the following sections:
How do I turn my live chat status to available?
Agent's chat status is defaulted to offline.
- To turn on your chat status, select your initials icon.
- Select the Chat Status toggle to on. This will turn on their chat status availability for all offices assigned to their user profile.
- An agent's status will show as active when the green light shows on your initials icon.
- Agents will automatically be set from Available to Away after 60 minutes of inactivity.
How do I update my live chat status per office?
Agents can control the availability on a per-office basis. Agents can still be assigned globally Available or Away, forcing them to be online or offline for all offices they are associated with.
- To set themselves to Available within an individual office instead of campus-wide, under the Live Chat section, select Who's Online.
- For the office you want to set yourself away from, select the red bolt icon.
- Live Chat - administrator users can set individual agents to Away for an office, as well as set all agents as Away for an office.
Note: It is recommended to only have one admin portal browser/tab open at a time. When finished with your live chat conversations, set your status to Away or log out. If you set your status to Away or log out, this action will be synced with any concurrently open tabs.
If you close out of the browser or tab without logging out or changing your status to inactive, and have another tab open, your status will remain Active until it times out for inactivity.