There are three ways to enable notifications/alerts:
1. To enable audio notifications through the admin console's settings:
Navigate to the Navigation Pane through the icon of the upper left of the homepage.
Open up Notifications:
Choose a sound.
Once a sound is chosen, you will be given the option to choose when the sound is activated:
- When your tab is not focused
- You will receive a sound notification even if you are focused on a different internet browser tab/window.
- When the conversation is not focused
- In order to receive a sound notification you must be focused on the admin tab, but you do not need to be focused on the applicable conversation where the new chat arrives.
- Every time
- You will receive a sound notification for every new chat, regardless of where you are focused on your screen.
2. To enable notifications through your laptop:
For a PC
- Open the Windows Start Menu
- Select the Settings cogwheel
3. Select System
4. Select Notifications & actions
5. Navigate to the Get notifications from these senders and click on your preferred browser (in this case, I'm using Google Chrome)
6. You will also want to click on the browser and Set Notifications to On (visual notifications) and turn on Play a sound when a notification arrives (for audio notification)s.
- Open the Control Panel.
- Select Sound.
- In the Sound window, click the Sounds tab.
- Navigate to the Program Events section, scroll down to Notification. Then, in the dropdown list in the Sounds section, select the sound from the list you would like to hear when you get a notification.
- Click Apply. Then OK.
Sound notifications are now enabled on your PC. As long as sound notifications are also enabled through your web browser, you should receive sound alerts when a new live chat comes in.
For a Mac
Follow the instructions here.
3. To enable notifications through your internet browser:
Open your browser's preferences or settings and follow the steps to adjust notifications accordingly.
Here is an example through Chrome:
Note: In the case that notifications are no longer working, it can help to clear your browsing history / cache and reboot. Sometimes the browser settings need to be refreshed to work properly.