This section of the user guide is focused on using Zoom with live chat. To help you navigate the article we have broken it down into the following sections:
Zoom Integration enables a Live Chat agent to start a Zoom call with a live chat participant from within Live Chat.
In order to use the Zoom integrations option, you must have a Zoom account already provided by your institution.
Enabling Zoom for Live Chat
- Under the Integrations section, select Applications. This page shows available integrations with our Ocelot products.
- On the Zoom card, select the Enable button.
- Log in to your institutionally provided Zoom account. Your account will need pre-approval.
- Select the Allow this app to use my shared access permissions checkbox and then select the Allow button.
Using Zoom within Live Chat
- Once a live chat conversation has been initiated, to start a Zoom conversation, select the Zoom icon.
- You will be asked if you want to invite the student to a Zoom meeting. Select Yes.
- A Zoom meeting link will attach to the message. Type a message in the message box. Select Send.
- Select the Zoom link you just sent, and then select Join Meeting.
From here you will have a normal Zoom meeting using the features of Zoom.
- When you end the meeting in Zoom, you will also need to end the conversation on the Live Chat Active Conversations page.