- What are the IDK settings?
- Who has access to the IDK settings?
- How do I update the I Don't Know (IDK) settings?
What are the IDK settings?
When the chatbot cannot provide a response to a chatbot user's question or input, it will respond with an I Don't Know (IDK) response:
I’m not sure I understand your question. Do any of these suggestions help? If they don’t, you can ask me another question.
The chatbot will also ask if the chatbot user would like to contact the office. If the chatbot user selects yes, the chatbot will respond in one of two ways:
- Custom Response
- Contact Form
If the chatbot user selects no, the chatbot will remain available for additional questions.
The Custom Response setting is the default/global setting (i.e., the same across all chatbot offices) for the I Don't Know behavior for all new chatbots. It will remain the global IDK behavior setting unless a Chatbot-Administrative user updates the default/no office or office-specific IDK behavior settings to Contact Form on the Behavior Settings page.
To update the office-specific I Don't Know (IDK) settings for the chatbot, the office-specific URLs must be mapped on the URL Matching section of the Look & Feel page. For more information, review the Look & Feel: URL Matching article. Changes can take anywhere from 15 minutes to an hour to take effect in the embedded chatbot.
Who has access to the IDK settings?
How do I update the I Don't Know (IDK) settings?
- To update the I Don't Know (IDK) behavior settings, under the Chatbot section, select Behavior Settings.
- The IDK settings can be updated either default/no office (global) for all offices, or by office by selecting the office tab.
*If the office does not update their office settings, it will automatically follow the default/no office settings.
- Select the Edit icon.
*If updating the office setting, first select the dropdown next to the office you want to edit.
- Under the IDK Settings, From the Behavior dropdown, select either Custom Response or Contact Form.
5. Select Save.