This article provides instructions on how to create and configure a saved query in Slate to be used in Ocelot's direct integration.
Creating a Saved Query in Slate
- On the Queries page, select New Query.
- On the New Query dialog box, define a saved query according to the Slate User Guide - Saved Queries in the Slate Knowledge Base.
In the Sharing field, select the checkbox Share query with other users with the query and query base permissions.
All other fields will depend on your instance of Slate.
Note: Types and Bases for queries are described in the Slate Knowledge Base article Query Builder Overview: Create a Quick Query at the top of its expanded section.
- Select the Save button.
- On the Edit Query page, define the Exports, Filters, and Sorts sections of the Query.
The specifics will depend on your instance of Slate.
Importing a Contact List into Ocelot requires at least one phone-type field. Be sure to export at least one phone field from Slate.
Example: Examples of phone fields are Phone, Mobile Phone, Business Phone, or Phone Number.
- eave the Custom Parameters field blank. In the Service Type field, select JSON.
- Select Edit Permissions to update the web service to be called Ocelot if you have not already configured the Ocelot user permissions within Slate.
For more instructions on how to configure Ocelot user permissions, see the Step 1 - Set up Ocelot / Slate Integration: Installing "Get Queries" article.
If you configured the Grantee name to be OcelotAPI no further configuration is needed, this query will not show up in Ocelot. If you wish to manually add a query with a different Grantee name continue below.