This section of the user guide is focused on setting up and maintaining reusable phone numbers. To help you navigate the article we have broken it down into the following sections:
- What is a reusable number?
- Who has access to set up a reusable phone number?
- How do I set up a reusable phone number?
- Viewing the Phone Numbers page
Reusable numbers allow texting end users to associate a phone number with an office. Reusable numbers can be used in campaigns, 1:1 texting, or used as a promoted number end users can text anytime.
Reusable numbers can be set up to be agent-backed or bot-backed. When a reusable number is actively in use in a campaign, the behavior will default to the settings associated with that campaign until that campaign is ended/archived, at which point the reusable number behavior will revert back to the default settings defined at the time of set up.
Note: Due to industry-wide phone number registration changes, it can take 2 - 10 days for newly provisioned phone numbers to become active.
- Select Provision Number.
- From the Agent dropdown, select the agent that is primarily responsible for the reusable phone number. This is used for organizational purposes only.
- Under the Unsolicited Message Settings, from the Response Type dropdown, select Bot or Agent.
- Bot: If the reusable phone number is sent a text outside of an active campaign, the chatbot will respond to the end user.
- Agent: If the reusable phone number is sent a text outside of an active campaign, the message will be directed to the inbox(es) set up in the Unsolicited message inbox(es) field.
- (Optional) This step only needs to be completed if the Response Type is set to Agent.
Under the Unsolicited Message Settings, in the Unsolicited Messages Inbox(es) dropdown, select the offices and/or individuals that will receive messages that are not associated with an active campaign.
On the far right, there are three action buttons for reusable phone numbers:
- Schedule send - This button allows you to view additional scheduled campaigns. If there are no scheduled campaigns for that phone number, the button will be grayed out.
- Edit - This button allows you to edit the fields and behavior of the reusable phone number.
- Delete - This button allows you to revoke the reusable phone number as long as it is not in use. If the phone number is in use, the delete button will be grayed out.
How do I search/filter on the Phone Numbers page?
The Phone Numbers page can be searched, filtered, and exported to a CSV file.
- Search - The Phone Number page can be searched by the Phone Number, Name, or Active Campaign associated with the phone number.
- Filter - The Phone Number page can be filtered by Office, Type, Number Type, and Agent.
- Exported to a CSV file - Select the Save icon to export the list to a CSV file.