This section of the user guide is focused on chatbot analytics. To help you navigate the article we have broken it down into the following sections:
- Analytics Overview
- Downloading your Analytics as a PDF
Chatbot analytics can be accessed in the Ocelot Admin Portal, under the Chatbot section, select Analytics.
The Analytics dashboard allows you to monitor the performance of your chatbot(s) in real time via graphs and other high-level statistics that provide an overview of chatbot usage and highlights top topics and trends.
Definitions Conversation: A group of interactions from when the user asked the first question to when they navigated away from the chatbot. Question: One user question (interaction) and one chatbot response
You can view additional details about the data on the Analytics dashboard by hovering your mouse cursor over the graph you want to know more about.
Conversations by date range
The graph is dynamic based on the filtered date range.
- A filtered date range of one day will display Conversations Per Hour.
- A filtered date range of more than one day but less than two months will display Conversations Per Day.
- A filtered date range of more than two months but less than two years will display Conversations Per Month.
- A filtered date range of more than two years will display Conversations Per Year.
Questions By Day
The Questions By Day graph aggregates the number of interactions during the filtered timeframe by the day of the week. If you select the bar for a specific day, a new tab will open on the Chatbot>Interactions page with the pre-filtered questions for that day.
Questions By Hour
The Questions By Hour graph aggregates the number of interactions during the filtered timeframe by the hour. if you select the bar for a specific hour, a new tab will open on the Chatbot>Interactions page with the pre-filtered questions for that timeframe.
The Response Types graph aggregates the number of interactions based on the type of response the chatbot user received. If you select the bar for a specific response type, a new tab will open on the Chatbot>Interactions page with the pre-filtered questions for that timeframe.
- Knowledge base - Your chatbot identified a matching response to the user's question within the knowledge base (General Library & Custom Questions).
- Suggestion boxes - Your chatbot did not identify a matching response to the user's question within the knowledge base and provided only suggestions of related questions from which the user could choose.
- Search - Your chatbot did not identify a matching response to the user's question within the knowledge base and provided relevant links from your institution's website (web pages related to a client's contracted department are indexed as part of the chatbot setup process.), or a combination of suggestions and related links, videos and suggestion boxes, etc.
- IDK ("I Don't Know") - Your chatbot did not identify a matching response to the user's question from within the knowledge base and was also unable to provide relevant suggestions or links. The user was invited to complete a contact form to be sent to the applicable office for a response from a staff member.
- Integrated - This category represents responses where the chatbot user successfully authenticated and was presented with a personalized response from your Student Information System (SIS).
- Other - This category represents responses that are not specifically recognized as knowledge base, IDK, search, suggestions, or small talk. This may include, forms (inquiry form/contact), webhook responses, or requests for live chat authorization.
- Smalltalk - Interactions outside of the chatbot's primary content purpose (e.g. "What is your favorite color?")
Knowledge Base Size
- General Library Overrides - Responses to General Library questions that have been customized by your institution.
- Custom Questions - Questions and responses that your institution has created.
Note: The knowledge base size is cumulative and not based on date range.
The top 5 topics your users have asked during the filtered timeframe. The topics are hyperlinked to a pre-filtered interactions page displaying the questions under that topic.
Note: The topics listed are not limited to supported content libraries.
The top 20 most commonly asked questions from the general library and custom questions include the number of times the question has been asked within the filtered time period. You can scroll within the chart to view the entire list. The questions are hyperlinked to the pre-filtered general library or custom questions page displaying the question for quick access to manage the question.
The top 20 topics that received an IDK response from your chatbot within the filtered timeframe. You can scroll within the chart to view the entire list. The top IDKs are hyperlinked to a pre-filtered interactions page with those questions.
The top 5 pages on your website from which chatbot users open your chatbot within the filtered timeframe.Top Clicks
The top 5 website links in chatbot responses selected by your users within the filtered timeframe.
Analytics can also be filtered by date by changing the "Start Date" and "End Date" ranges. While "Conversations (All-Time)" will continue to show the total number of conversations and questions (interactions) over the entire lifespan of your chatbot, "Conversations (x/x/xxxx-y/y/yyyy)" will show only the conversations and interactions inside the defined date range.
Analytics can be filtered by an office. Conversations are classified by the website URLs identified in the URL Matching section of the Look & Feel area in chatbot admin unless a user selects a specific office during the course of their conversation with the chatbot (e.g., through the IDK process or Live Chat selection).
- For more information on URL Matching, please review the following articles:
Choose the applicable office(s) to view statistics related to the chatbot embedded on those pages.
Analytics can be filtered by language.
Analytics can be filtered by library.
Downloading your Analytics as a PDF
If you need to send a PDF report to someone who is not able to view the Analytics dashboard, you can set the filter at the top of the dashboard to the appropriate date range, and then File>Print to export/print/save it as a PDF.