After logging in to the admin system, select Chatbot from the navigation pane on the left-hand side of the page. Then, select Transcripts from the pull-down menu.
The Transcripts dashboard allows you to view all chatbot conversations, both for live usage and testing. A conversation is a group of interactions from when a user asks their first question to when they navigate away from the chatbot. Conversations are arranged chronologically, with the most recent conversations at the top of the list.
Click the conversation bubble icon to the left of a conversation to view a transcript of the conversation.
If the chatbot participant received a response from your Knowledge base, there will be an Edit Response button at the lower right-hand corner of that interaction. If you want to make changes to the response, click Edit Response, make your edits, and then click Save.
If a chatbot participant received an IDK ("I Don't Know") response, there will be an Add A Response button at the lower right-hand corner of that interaction. If you would like your chatbot to be able to answer that question when asked in the future, click Add A Response, compose your response, and then click Save.
If the chatbot participant receives a response that provides suggestion boxes, links, or encourages them to check out the explore bar then the "Add a Response" button will not appear. If you would like to add a response to this question, click the plus icon at the top of the page and select Create Question.
Want to keep track of which conversations you’ve reviewed? In the Read Status column, select the checkbox next to the conversation(s) you want to mark as read.
Need IP addresses from conversations? You can export conversations from a specified date range into a CSV file by selecting the Export icon within the filter.
The Interactions dashboard allows you to view all user conversations, both for live usage and testing. An interaction is defined as one chatbot participant question and one chatbot response. Interactions are arranged chronologically, with the most recent interactions at the top of the list.
After logging in to the admin system, select Chatbot from the navigation pane on the left-hand side of the page. Then, select Interactions from the pull-down menu.
Select the conversation bubble icon to the left of the conversation to view that interaction within the context of the conversation in which it occurred. The interaction selected will be highlighted in yellow.
You can enter keywords into the Search bar, change the date range, or both to adjust results.
You can also click the filter icon to filter interactions by:
- Input Type
- Direct - Interactions that received a response directly from the Knowledge base
- Via Explore - Interactions in which the chatbot participant selected a response from the chatbot's Explore feature.
- Response Type
- Knowledge base - Your chatbot identified a matching response to the chatbot participant's question from within the Knowledge base (General Library & Custom Questions)
- Search - Your chatbot did not identify a matching response to the chatbot participant's question within the Knowledge base, and provided relevant links from your institution's website. (Webpages related to a client's contracted department are indexed as part of the chatbot setup process.)
- IDK ("I Don't Know") - Your chatbot did not identify a matching response to the chatbot participant's question from within the Knowledge base, and was also unable to provide relevant suggestions or links. The chatbot participant was invited to complete a contact form to be sent to the applicable office for a response from a staff member, or offered the option to be connected with a live chat agent if available.
- Office- The same offices that are available as contact options will be displayed here. Whenever a chatbot participant chooses an office to contact, those interactions will be displayed under the applicable filter.
Help your chatbot grow by adding custom responses to the questions that your chatbot was unable to answer, but that fall within the chatbot's scope. You can filter interactions by Response Type - IDK to view questions your chatbot was unable to answer.